Soaps are an essential need for proper hygiene. For generations, people used different kind of soaps, the original ones are made from pure natural ingredients and nowadays soaps contain more chemicals (e.g. harsh detergents). Natural vegetable soaps are one of the most sought after; it’s preferred than soap made with animal fats. Another kind of natural soaps is the olive oil soap. The olive oil soaps are pure and gentle and have been used for generations.
Well, hardly as it seems, olive oil soaps are effective in skin care. This is because it has more moisture than any soap such as tallow or even vegetable oil soap. Other than that, it contains chemicals such as anti-oxidants and polyphenols. Phenols contain elements that are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial and these elements are really important in today’s beauty regimens. The use of pure olive oil soap actually started from the ancient Greeks. These are the Greek olive oil soaps and people use this for moisturizing as well as treatment for stretch marks.
The use of olive oil soap daily can really help especially if you want to have a beautiful skin. Studies say that olive oil can make a person look younger. This was proven by a middle age lady who used olive oil soap on her face every night. Another thing is that olive oil soap can be used as a make-up remover. As for the hair, nails and lips, olive oil soap contains monounsaturated fat which tends to soften and moisturize. It’s actually healthier than the polyunsaturated fats found in other soaps.
There’s actually another kind of olive oil soap and this is the castile soap, it contains a high olive oil concentrate making it milder and moisturized. This is best to use in baby skin as well as those with sensitive skin. If you experience problems with the regular olive oil soaps, then you should try using castile soap. Castile soaps can be scented, unscented, translucent and even opaque in texture.
If you want a beautiful skin, olive oil soaps are the best choice for your skin. This is a tried, tested and proven soap that has existed for many generations.
Olive Oil Soap Recipe - For Professional Homemade SoapThis soap is one of the finest and mildest soap created for skin care. This is why Greek olive oil soaps, French olive oil soaps, and pure olive oil soaps are still evident until today. Olive oils are really essential because it encompasses cooking, cosmetics, etc. This can be proven by studies and even by the consumers themselves.
Recipes for this kind of soap are actually many but you must research thoroughly to make sure that you will use the best recipe for superior quality olive oil soap. This recipe can make a number of soaps and this will save you time and money. And the best thing is you will be able to make your own olive oil soap!
The ingredients include:
- 17-ounce can of Lye or “Sodium Hydroxide” (1 can)
- 4 and 1/2 cups of distilled Water (Do not use tap water for many chemicals can still be evident)
- Using liquid volume measure, 19 cups of Olive Oil
- A heat-proof container made up of either Pyrex, Stainless Steel, Heavy-duty Plastic for mixing.
- 2 quart size lye
- 2 gallon sized of 1 large stainless steel or enamel pot for mixing soap
- Rubber or silicon spatula (1)
- Plastic container with lid (1)
- Transfer the distilled water to the heat-proof container then add lye to it. To dissolve, use the spatula. Make sure that you stir carefully. Fumes will be seen while mixing so just leave it. Cool the mixture in a safe place.
- After cooling the mixture, you can transfer the olive oil now to the pot where you’ll mix and heat it to 100 degrees. After heating, remove the pot.
- Transfer the mixture to the warm oil. Be careful not to spill and stir it constantly and mildly. Stir thoroughly for several minutes until thoroughly blended. You can use a stick blender or beater in interval with the use of hand-stirring. Stir until you can see a thick-lid pudding with a thicker and more opaque mixture.
- Put the mixture into the mold and cover the lid then hide it under the blankets. Wait until it is fully cooled and remove it from the mold and mold it according to your preferred shape. Place the soap in a cool area and make sure that you cure it for 4 weeks.
When you use the lye, make sure that you handle it with care because lye is a dangerous chemical. Don’t forget to use rubber gloves, protective eyewear and even clothing. Make sure that you place the lye-water mixture in a safe place to cool down.Remember that when you’re making soaps, do not use aluminum utensils or pots for soap making. You can stir faster by using a blender. To determine whether the soap good and ready, it should be able to achieve the full trace of the pot. Less than 10 minutes is enough time to reach the full trace.